“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
We all know that the Bible says that Satan is a liar and a thief and that he comes to kill, steal and destroy, but did you know also that the greater one lives in you? That is if you are born again of the Holy Spirit.
Let’s take a look at what the Bible says Satan and his hordes are capable of doing, and by the way don’t underestimate the devil’s cunning because if you don’t know the greater one’s power in you then he really can wipe you out. The devil uses people and even Christians so be aware of this.
• And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. 1 Chronicles 21:1
• And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day? Luke 13:16
• And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you that he may sift you as wheat, but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not.
• And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him. John 13:2
• And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, that thou doest, do quickly. John 13:27
• But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost. Acts 5:3
• In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4
• And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience. Ephesians 2:2
• And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. 2 Timothy 2:26
We can see that the devil can provoke someone to do something, bind up, sift, put something in the heart, enter into, blind, work in, and take captive. The devil can even use us if we are not careful because he knows our weaknesses.
The greater one (the Holy Spirit) in us is smarter than the devil and so we need to rely on him for wisdom, knowledge and his power in prayer. He will tell us what to do in every attack that comes against us. Be aware that the devil works in the heart of people in their weaknesses. Behind the scenes, the demonic realm is using people to do their dirty work. That is why the Bible tells us that we are not fighting flesh and blood but demonic powers.
These demonic powers work in people and through people to accomplish their evil deeds and we should not get into it with another person because the devil is inciting them. What we need to do on the offensive is guard our hearts as scriptures tell us. We all blow it and I know that I certainly have, but the Lord has been showing me that the people who rise up against you are the devil’s schemes to try and make you ineffective for God.
We should also pray about everything and cast down all thoughts contrary to scriptures. Leave vengeance and vindication to God and he will come on the scene and help you. Don’t forget that he has angels working on your behalf as well.
I would not advise, going looking for trouble, because if we are on the war path, most certainly we will find trouble! Do not underestimate the devil’s power to deceive, but at the same time keep your eyes on Jesus and fulfilling your call and God will give you victory through Jesus Christ in every battle!
“Above all else, guard thy heart; for out of it flows the issues of life.” Proverbs 4:24
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12
“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” Ephesians 6:12 KJV
Remember that the greater one lives in you and he is quite able to outwit the devil and his demons!