What do the scriptures teach us about being justified and made righteous by God? This seems to be a confusing subject for many Christians but if we look at scripture within its whole context and don’t isolate a verse and build a doctrine out of it according to our own person bias we can find the answer.
The bible says that we are justified by 1-THE BLOOD 2- BY GRACE 3-BY BEING CALLED 4 -BY the Faith of Christ 5- In the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Holy Spirit 6 – BY WORKS.
Let’s take a look at each of them individually and then see how they all work together.
1. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him Romans 5:9
First of all justification becomes available by the blood of the lamb shed for an atonement for sins.
2. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Romans 3:24
Then through this atonement Jesus brought propitiation which is appeasement of God’s wrath for sin and thus God now by his Grace (undeserved mercy of the sacrifice of his Son) justifies all who receive the atonement provided by Jesus Christ.
3 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. Romans 8:30
Those who receive this atonement are those predestinated and called into this Grace.
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will Ephesians 1:5.
4. Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith OF Jesus Christ, even we have believed IN Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith OF Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16
Those predestined and called into this Grace are justified by THE FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST. Notice that we are not justified by our faith but by the faith of Jesus Christ. It is his faith, his illumination of truth into our hearts that saves.
5. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:11
Justification comes in the name of Jesus (in the Son’s name not our own reconnaissance ) and by the “Spirit of God which makes us born again, made into new creatures in Christ, translated from darkness into the kingdom of his dear Son.)
6. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. James 2:24
Justification is made evident by works which always accompany those having received the Faith of Jesus Christ. If anyone says he has faith in Christ but walks in darkness according to the bible, he/she is a liar.
In conclusion, JUSTIFICATION (Made right with God) comes by the blood of Jesus making atonement for sin which appeases God’s wrath and provides his GRACE (undeserved mercy and favor) to those predestined to be adopted into God’s family and have been called from darkness into light in the name of Jesus (by his authority ) which makes one born of God by the Holy Spirit and made into the new creature in Christ, having been delivered from the power of the evil one and who now walk in the Spirit, (the same power that raised Christ from the dead) created unto Good works which God has ordained for each of his elect to perform according to the power (Holy Spirit that works within the new born again spirit or heart)